NOTE: MICEFA Teaching Assistant Application is NOW CLOSED for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The MICEFA has a privileged relationship with the French Ministry of Education where we have up to 40 Teaching Assistant positions reserved for our students to teach in schools in the Parisian region. The assistants are placed in French primary or secondary schools and have direct contact with French teaching professionals and students.
Assistantships are for the academic year. Students coming for only one semester are not eligible to apply.
T.A.s are expected to teach 12 hours of English conversation classes per week and are paid a stipend of about 900 € each month. This means that after taxes, social security and health care are taken out, they will have about 750 € a month to live on. The stipend provides enough money to live the life style of a typical French student.
Please note, the completed application form for the 2012-13 academic year can be obtained by contacting your Study Abroad office or the MICEFA at firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications must be received the MICEFA by February 11, 2013 (NOT to the French Embassies in Washington, DC or Ottawa).
MICEFA candidates must follow the specific instructions outlined by the MICEFA (and NOT those listed on the French website).
Ideal students are graduate students and/or upperclassmen. For more information and/or an application, please contact Melissa Weaver at email@example.com.
Please find the breakdown below of the Teaching Assistant process schedule below:
1. Application : due to MICEFA by mid-February
2. Application examined at MICEFA: mid-February to March 1st
3. Application examined at French Embassy: March 1st – March 15th
4. Application examined by French authorities: March 15th – April 30th
5. Contracts: from June to August (as soon as you receive your contract, schedule your visa appointment via the secured website of the French Consulate of your jurisdiction)
6. Visa: from July to early August
7. Departures: in late August for the MICEFA Intensive Language Program
8. Contracts begin on October 1st
26 rue du Faubourg St. Jacques
T. +33 (0)1 40 51 76 96
F. +33 (0)1 44 07 18 10