About the University…
In 1991, the University was formed from one antenna relocated from Paris X – Nanterre and one from Paris VI Pierre & Marie Curie. The fist antenna gave rise to the Faculty of Law, Economics, Languages, Humanities and Social Sciences based in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, the second to the Faculty of Sciences based in Versailles. In 2002, the medical pool of Garches is integrated and gives rise to the Faculty of Medicine of Paris Ile-de-France Ouest into the university. Today 18 000 students are enrolled to which it is necessary to add 3 750 who are enrolled in life-long learning programs leading to a qualification or apprenticeship programs.
Please feel free to download the flyer of the University below:
The University is formed with:
- 6 Faculties or schools
1 Engineering School
- Faculty of Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics)
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Law and Political Science, which includes the Institut d’Etudes Judiciaires (IEJ - Institute for judicial studies) which prepares students for the entrance examination to the Regional Bar School and for the entrance examination to the National School of Magistracy.
- Faculty of Social Sciences (Economics, Economic and Social Management, Social and Geographical Sciences
- School of Languages and International Studies (French & English)
- School of Cultural studies (Literature, History)
- 2 Technology Institutes:
- Mantes La Jolie: Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Environment…
- Velizy: Computer Science, Telecommunications,
A good level in French is required for MICEFA exchange students who want to take classes with francophone students.
The Institute of language and international studies offers French classes to foreign students willing to improve their French. For more information, please visit the following page: http://www.uvsq.fr/ouverture-internationale/venir-a-l-uvsq-en-formation-francais-langue-etrangere-139717.kjsp?RH=FORM2