A senior liberal arts college in the City University of New York, Lehman College was founded in 1968 and is located on a 37-acre campus in the northwest Bronx. Lehman offers more than 50 undergraduate majors and programs, 40 graduate degree programs, 17 advanced certificates, and 11 doctoral programs. Studies at Lehman are divided into three different schools: the School of Arts and Humanities, School of Education, and School of Natural and Social Sciences.
On campus housing is NOT provided. Housing in NYC is costly and students can anticipate paying around $1000/month for shared accommodations.
Students are required to show proof of Medical Insurance coverage. Plan to enroll in a health program before registering. Many "mutuelle" in France provide international coverage. Students can also inquire about Chartis insurance on MICEFA's website.
As of Fall 2016, estimated expenses (including student-mandated insurance) at CUNY Lehman College: $14,126 (one semester) or $28,252 (Academic Year).
- - Books and supplies: $760.50 (Semester) / $1512 ( Year)
- - Housing: $6,924 (Semester) / $13,848 (Year)
- - Books and supplies: $760.50 (Semester) / $1521 (Year)
- - Food: $2,471.50 (Semester) / $4943 (Year)
- - Personal Expenses: $2,750 (Semester) / $5500 (Year)
- - Transportation: $720 (Semester) / $1440 (Year)
- - Mandatory J-1 Medical Insurance*: $500 (Semester)/ $1000 (Year)
- * If proof of J-1 insurance coverage is submitted with completed J-1 Exchange Visitor Health Insurance Compliance Statement at the time of application, living expenses are $13,126 per semester; $27,252 for two semesters (one academic year)