Désolé, cet article est seulement disponible en Anglais.
Undergraduate students ARE guaranteed housing as long as they complete the online housing application the Department of Resident Life
website. Instructions on how to apply for on-campus housing are provided in the post-acceptance documents on MyEA. Students can only apply for housing after they have been accepted and assigned a student and university ID number.
Housing fees depend on the type of housing that is assigned – see Department of Resident Life website for costs (http://www.resnet.umd.edu/housing/housingfees/
The UMD International Office will not help students with office campus housing. The Off-Campus Accommodations
Office provides students with a searchable database of room and apartment that are available for rent in College Park and the surrounding communities.
Health insurance with emergency evacuation and repatriation is required. Students are not required to buy UMD health insurance as long as their personal insurance meets the university's standards. (http://www.international.umd.edu/ies/123
- Students are waived from paying tuition fees, most mandatory student services fees, and application fees to UMD. Incoming students will be required to pay a student activity fee to UMD. This fee will be automatically charged to the student’s UMD account. Information regarding the student activity fee will be updated every year on the UMD Bursar website.
- Students are also responsible for housing & food costs, books for classes, visa application fees, any health center visit costs, health insurance policy costs, and additional exchange student activities that are not free.
- Below is a sample budget for one semester to give students an idea of on-site expenses. Please note, the budget below is an estimate and will not necessarily apply to all students:
- - SEVIS J-1 Visa Application Fee: $180 USD
- - UMD Student Activity Fee: $37.70 USD per semester
- - On-campus – $3084 USD per semester
- - Off-campus – $850 USD per month
- - On-campus – $2088 USD per semester
- - Off-campus – $400 USD per month
- - Personal expenses (including local travel & entertainment): $400 USD per month
- - UMD SHIP Health Insurance: $600 USD per semester
- For arrival expenses the International Student & Scholar Services office suggests the following:
- You should budget at least $1000 for your first week here to cover such expenses as hotels, taxis and general setting-up costs. Try to bring the majority of your money as credit cards or traveler's checks.