About the University
The University of Cergy-Pontoise – UCP – is a national university along with 17 other national universities in the Paris area. The UCP is an attractive centre of teaching and research which hosts international students interested in studying in France.
The city of Cergy-Pontoise, located in the Val-d’Oise district, is a dynamic city with its artistic and cultural events and numerous theatres, museums and concert halls. It is one of the largest economic zones in France with two international airports nearby. The Val-d’Oise is a district with a high density of firms including a large number of foreign companies.
The University of Cergy-Pontoise is ideally located at 40-minute drive North West from Paris, and at 30 km from Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle international airport. The university is accessible by train, bus and highways.
The university is divided into the following departments and institutes:
- l’« UFR droit »
- l’« UFR économie et gestion »
- l’« UFR langues »
- l’« UFR lettres et sciences humaines »
- l’« UFR sciences et techniques » et le CMI Système Intelligents et Communicants
- L’institut de préparation à l’administration générale
- L’institut universitaire de technologie de Cergy-Pontoise
- L’École supérieure du professorat et de l’éducation de l’académie de Versailles
- L’IEJ (institut d’études judiciaires)
- Sciences Po Saint-Germain-en-Laye
UCP is located in Cery Pontoise, a town to the northwest of Paris. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- RER A: Station: Cergy-Préfecture
- RER C: Station: Pontoise
Français Langue Etrangère
UCP offers French as a foreign language at all levels from A1 to C1 at the CILFAC, their FLE department. Students at UCP may complete their schedules with courses to improve their French.