About the University
The University of Paris Est- Créteil (Formerly Paris XII) was opened in 1971 in the Val-de-Marne in the eastern suburbs of Paris. It is now called UPEC. It offers a wide range of studies including Law, Economics, Management, Arts, Humanities, Urban Planning, Science, Technology, Medicine and French as a foreign language.
The university aims at striking a balance between fundamental studies and pre-professional guidance, and has a dynamic continuing education department.
Its vitality in the realm of research is attested by the large number of teams accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. There are 60 of these, of which 15 are linked to the national research organizations such as CNRS and INSERM.
The university is divided into the following schools and institutes:
- UFR d’administration et échanges internationaux (AEI),
- UFR de Droit,
- UFR de Lettres, Langues et Sciences Humaines (LLSH),
- UFR de Médecine,
- UFR de Sciences Economiques et de Gestion,
- UFR de Sciences de l’Education, Sciences Sociales, Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives (SESS-STAPS),
- UFR de Sciences et Technologie,
- Institut de préparation à l'administration générale (IPAG),
- Institut d'urbanisme de Paris (IUP),
- Institut universitaire de technologie de Créteil-Vitry,
- Institut universitaire de technologie de Sénart-Fontainebleau,
- Institut d'administration des entreprises Gustave Eiffel (IAE Gustave Eiffel),
- École supérieure d'ingénieurs Paris-Est Créteil (ESIPE-Créteil),
- École supérieure du professorat et de l'éducation (ESPE),
- École nationale vétérinaire d'Alfort (ENVA),
- Observatoire des sciences de l'univers (OSU-EFLUVE).
UPEC is located just outside of Paris on the south-eastern side of the city. It is easily accessible via Metro line 8:
- Metro 8: station: Créteil Université
- RER D: Le vert de maisons
Français Langue Etrangère
UPEC has an a very vibrant French as a foreign language (FLE) department for international students who hope to advance their French while in Paris. This department offers couses at three levels (A1/A2, B1 and B2/C1). The school also has a FLE radio station run by the department and students.