About the University
ris University 13 is one of the thirteen universities that were created after the reorganization of the old Sorbonne after 1968.
It now has 24,000 students, spread across five campuses pursuing degrees or continuing education.
Truly multi-disciplinary in nature, Paris University 13 is a major center of teaching and research in the north of Paris.
Paris University 13 is officially categorized under French law as a « public establishment of a scientific, cultural and professional nature ».
It is legal person with pedagogical, scientific, administrative and financial autonomy. It determines its own policy within the framework of the regulations and laws and in accordance with its contractual obligations, particularly with the state.
Mission of the University
The fundamental mission of Paris University 13 is to improve the scientific, cultural and professional knowledge of all through initial and continuing education and the development of research, which is its essential foundation.
In accordance with this mission, Paris University 13 pursues the following objectives :
- To welcome, inform and guide the choices of its students and provide them with initial and/or continuing education, particularly so that they obtain degrees.
- To develop research in science and technology as well as spread and extract value from findings
- To support students in their choice of courses and their entry into working life
- To support all desirable form of relations within the regional environment
- To enrich the culture and the scientific and technical knowledge of the academic community and the regional population
- To promote cooperation with other universities both nationally and internationally, particularly by participating in the European Higher Education Area
-Excerpt from the Université de Paris XIII's website.
Paris XIII is divided in to the following colleges and institutes:
- UFR de santé, médecine et biologie humaine (SMBH)
- UFR des lettres,langues, sciences humaines et des sociétés (LLSHS)
- UFR de droit, sciences politiques et sociales (DSPS)
- UFR des sciences de la communication
- UFR de sciences économiques et de gestion (SEG)
- Institut Galilée
- institut universitaire de technologie de Villetaneuse
- Institut universitaire de technologie de Bobigny
- Institut universitaire de technologie Saint-Denis.
The Université de Paris XIII is located to the North of Paris in Villetaneuse. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- Tramway line 8: Station Villetaneuse-Université
- Bus 156 and 361 Stop Univeristé Paris 13
Français Langue Etrangère
Paris XIII offers courses in French Literature for foreign language learners. The FLE program at Paris XIII does not however offer the wide variety of courses as other MICEFA members. Students going to Paris XIII should have a relatively high level of French.