About the University
The University of Evry – Val d’Essonne (often referred to as UEVE) is one of the four new universities founded in the Paris area in 1991. Located in a booming and bustling place, the institution offers general multi-subject and professional courses in sciences and technology, law, economics, management and humanities and sociology among others. Today with over 10 000 students, more than 500 teachers, researchers, technicians, employees and service staff, the university is a center of excellence. The official establishment of Genepole next to the university as a national and European research pole which is dedicated to genomes and their applications allows new development and new perspectives. Structures The University houses four teaching and research units (UFR) and a technological institute (IUT). Those different structures account for the diversity of the undergraduate and graduate programs offered to students with nationality recognized degrees. Four structures compose the University:
- A teaching and research unit of fundamental and applied science with Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry and Biology departments.
- A unit of Science and Technology with Electrical Engineering and Industrial Data Processing, Mechanical Engineering and Production Engineering.
- A unit of Law and Economics.
- A unit of Social Sciences and Management that includes Sociology (corporations and cities), Economics and Social Administration, Management.
UEVE offers lectures in Foreign Languages (English, German, Spanish languages mainly) and computing lectures are mandatory during the first two academic years.
Areas of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Industrial Data Processing
- Industrial System Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Management Oriented Computer Techniques
- Corporate Management
- Small and Medium-sized Company Management
- City Planning and Development (particularly jobs connected with urban problems and sport)
- Business and Sales
- Computer Assisted Biology
UEVE is located in Evry, a town to the southeast of Paris. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- RER D: Station: Evry-Courcouronnes