Location: 6eme Arrondissement, Paris
Students: 10 000
Campus Type: Urban
Institution Type: Private Catholic University
About the University
The Institut Catholique de Paris (ICP), known in English as the Catholic University of Paris, is a private university located in Paris, France. The institute was founded in 1875, under the name Université Catholique de Paris, by Maurice Le Sage d’Hauteroche d’Hulst.
Founded in 1875, the Catholic University of Paris (Institut Catholique de Paris – ICP) is the inheritor of the Medieval Liberal Arts Colleges and lies in the tradition of the Sorbonne, the oldest academic institution in France. ICP is renowned for its excellence in core academic fields such as Theology, Philosophy and Canon Law that serve as a basis for the development of Humanities and Social sciences, where Education, Ethics and Anthropology are well represented. As a non-for-profit Association pursuant to French Law of 1901, recognized as Promoting the Public interest, its unique Research Unit “Religion, Culture and Society” is fully recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
-Excerpt from ICP’s website.
ICP is divided into the following faculties and schools:
- Theologium, Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Canon Law
- Faculty of Humanities
- Literature Department
- History Department
- Languages Department
- History of Arts Department
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Economics
- Faculty of Education
- École supérieure des sciences économiques et commerciales (ESSEC)
- Institut supérieur d’électronique de Paris (ISEP)
- École Supérieure de Chimie Organique et Minérale (ESCOM) is
- École d’électricité, de Production et des Méthodes Industrielles (EPMI)
- Institut Polytechnique LaSalle Beauvais
- Ecole de Psychologues Praticiens (EPP – Psycho-Prat)
- Ecole de Bibliothécaires-Documentalistes (EBD) is a librarian school.
- Institut Supérieur d’Interprétation et de Traduction (ISIT)
ICP is located in the 6th arrondissement at the center of Paris. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- Metro Line 13: Station: Rennes
- Bus 83 Stop Rennes-d’Assas
Français Langue Etrangère
The ICP does not offered specialized French for foreigners for exchange students in the school year. If you are interested in the ICP, you must have at least the B2 level of French.