Location: Versailles, France
Students: 19 000
Campus Type: Urban
Institution Type: Public Research University
About the University
The Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines often called UVSQ was created in 1991 as part of the Paris University plan 2000 that aimed to increase the amount of universities in the Paris region to better welcome students.
Being newer institution, UVSQ offers one of the widest ranges of studies of all our partners. The UVSQ is a truly international institution that welcomes students from over 100 countries around the world and they currently represent more than 12% of all the students registered at the university.
The university is divided into the following schools and institutes:
- L’ « UFR des sciences »
- L’ « UFR des sciences sociales »
- La « faculté de droit et des science politique »
- L’ « Unité de formation et de recherche des sciences de la santé Simone Veil »
- L’ « institut d’études culturelles et internationales »
- L’ « institut supérieur de management »
UVSQ is located in Versailles, near the famous Chateau to the South-West of Paris. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- RER C: Station Versailles Rive-Gauche Chateau or Station Versailles Chantier
- Bus 171 Stop Jean Mermoz
Français Langue Etrangère
UVSQ proposes French for foreigners courses through the Institut des Etudes Culturelles et Internationales at their Guyancourt campus. These classes are based on the student’s French level and are offered throughout the academic year.