About the University
The Université Gustave Eiffel (UGE), formerly UPEM was created in 1991 as part of the Paris University plan 2000 that aimed to increase the amount of universities in the Paris region to better welcome students.
UGE excels in the sciences with a large population of students doing innovative research that is world recognized. UPEM is also known for its Hospitality and Management program that trains students to work in the field.
The university provides courses in English in the following study fields: Economics and Business Studies, Multimedia and Audiovisual Studies, Urban planning, English Language and Literature, Computer Science and Engineering. For a listing of courses offered, please consult their guide.
The university is divided into the following schools and institutes:
- Institut d’électronique et d’informatique Gaspard-Monge (IGM)
- Institut français d’urbanisme (IFU)
- Institut francilien d’ingénierie des services (IFIS)
- Institut francilien des sciences appliquées
- Institut universitaire de technologie
- UFR ESIPE-MLV Ecole d’ingénieurs par apprentissage des sciences et technologies
- UFR Langues et civilisations
- UFR Lettres, Arts, Communication et Technologies
- UFR Mathématiques
- UFR Sciences économiques et de gestion
- UFR Sciences humaines et sociales
- UFR Sciences et Techniques des Activités Physiques et Sportives
UGE is located in Marne-la-Vallée, a region only 20 minutes to the East of Paris. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- RER A: Station Noisy-Champs
- Bus 213 and 312 Stop Noisy-Champs
Français Langue Etrangère
UGE offers French as a foreign language (FLE) courses for the international students who hope to advance their French while in Paris. These courses are for three hours per week (3 north American university credits). The groups are organized by language level (A1 to C1).