About the University
Université Sorbonne Paris Nord (formerly Paris 13) is one of the thirteen universities that were created after the reorganization of the old Sorbonne after 1968.
It now has 24,000 students, spread across five campuses pursuing degrees or continuing education.
Truly multi-disciplinary in nature, Université Sorbonne Paris Nord is a major center of teaching and research in the north of Paris.
Mission of the University
The fundamental mission of Université Sorbonne Paris Nord is to improve the scientific, cultural and professional knowledge of all through initial and continuing education and the development of research, which is its essential foundation.
In accordance with this mission,Université Sorbonne Paris Nord pursues the following objectives :
- To welcome, inform and guide the choices of its students and provide them with initial and/or continuing education, particularly so that they obtain degrees.
- To develop research in science and technology as well as spread and extract value from findings
- To support students in their choice of courses and their entry into working life
- To support all desirable form of relations within the regional environment
- To enrich the culture and the scientific and technical knowledge of the academic community and the regional population
- To promote cooperation with other universities both nationally and internationally, particularly by participating in the European Higher Education Area
-Excerpt from the Université de Paris XIII’s website.
Paris XIII is divided in to the following colleges and institutes:
- UFR de santé, médecine et biologie humaine (SMBH)
- UFR des lettres,langues, sciences humaines et des sociétés (LLSHS)
- UFR de droit, sciences politiques et sociales (DSPS)
- UFR des sciences de la communication
- UFR de sciences économiques et de gestion (SEG)
- Institut Galilée
- institut universitaire de technologie de Villetaneuse
- Institut universitaire de technologie de Bobigny
- Institut universitaire de technologie Saint-Denis.
Université Sorbonne Paris Nord is located to the North of Paris in Villetaneuse. The university is conveniently located on public transportation lines:
- Tramway line 8: Station Villetaneuse-Université
- Bus 156 and 361 Stop Univeristé Paris 13
Français Langue Etrangère
Université Sorbonne Paris Nord offers courses in French for foreign language learners. Please see their department website.